Read This If I Don't Make It Home (press review)
By the beginning of the third song from the Michigan/Virginia band’s sophomore release you think you know what is in store, but then all your inklings prove to be misleading.
There is a lot going on here, but none of it jostles the centerpiece: Jensen’s wraithlike voice. Perhaps this in part due to the fact that her husband Ben is Gratiot Lake Road’s main accompanist. The whole album feels like reading a novel co-written by Bram Stoker and John Steinbeck. When people say that ghosts are real this is what they mean. They mean that musicians can create works that put a ghost in your head. Not a ghost that opens doors and creaks on stairs in the dead of night, but a real ghost that can climb down into you and take apart the very fabric of your being.
The culmination of the Gratiot Lake Road 4-piece with Tony Laux on bass and Matthew Radue on drums. Primarily recorded in an apartment above downtown Calumet Michigan. This second full length album features songs touching on the subject of death and loneliness with an ambiance of bitter cold and snow.
A collection of three songs from the forthcoming full length recorded with a single microphone with only a few takes each. A limited number of hand-made copies were made for a very special very snowy show at the Fitz in Eagle Harbor Michigan in April 2014.
Debut full length record and homage to the Keweenaw Peninsula. Drums by Matthew Radue and a last minute addition of bass by Tony Laux marks the formation of the Gratiot Lake Road 4-piece. Primarily recorded at the historic Orpheum Theater in Hancock Michigan in very cold winter weather.
A collection of four songs initially overlooked from the songbook and recorded in a very noisy and cramped hotel room with some very cheap equipment in Hampton Virginia the summer of 2010.
- January 14: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Charlie Parr
- February 28: Fifth Street Loft Fest in Calumet, MI
- March 23: Hunter at Sunrise Radio Show in Norfolk, VA
- April 4: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Steve Leaf, Tony Laux
- April 5: The Fitz Opening Party in Eagle River, MI w/Steve Leaf, Graham Parsons
- April 27: Messages Project Benefit at Norfolk Taproom in Norfolk, VA
- August 14: 757 Crave on the Harbor in Portsmouth, VA
- September 4: Hunter at Sunrise Radio Show Live at the Victoria Station in Phoebus, VA
- September 6: Whitehouse Cove Marina in Poquoson, VA w/Bill Miles Band
- September 12: Buckroe Beach Arts in the Park in Buckroe, VA
- September 27: County Grill in York County, VA
- October 3-4: Aiken and Friends Fest in Smithfield, VA
- October 11-12: Ocean View Art Show in Norfolk, VA
- November 21: CD Release Show at The Hampton Taphouse in Hampton, VA w/River Whyless
- January 18: Root Notes in Laurium, MI w/Shadow Arcade
- January 19: Beaumier Coffee House Series in Marquette, MI w/Jeff Krebs Trio
- February 1: Cafe Rosetta in Calumet, MI
- February 22: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Pioneer Parade and Electric Park
- February 23: Bremen Cafe in Milwaukee, WI w/Scott David
- March 1: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Michael Waite
- March 2: Engineers Without Borders Benefit at The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI
DRIVE TILL THE ROAD ENDS TOUR 2013
- March 8: Java and Jive in Powers, MI
- March 9: Box Factory for the Arts in Saint Joseph, MI w/Nathan K.
- March 10: Old Dog Tavern in Kalamazoo, MI w/Nathan K.
- March 11: Checkers and Trophies in Kent, OH w/Ian Penter and Cinder Bones
- March 12: The Purple Fiddle in Thomas, WV
- March 13: Pretty Penny Cafe in Hillsboro, WV
- March 14: The Hilton Tavern in Newport News, VA w/Scott Slay and Mike Glass
- March 15: Cafe Stella in Norfolk, VA w/Scott Slay and Longfellow St.
- March 16: Webster's Bookstore Cafe in State College, PA
- March 17: Muggswiggz Coffee and Tea Co. in Canton, OH
- March 18: Trust Fall Records in Grayling, MI
- March 22: The Irish Times in Laurium, MI
- April 4: Peter White Public Library in Marquette, MI w/Troy Graham
- April 5: The Blue Lounge in Marquette, MI w/Troy Graham
- April 6: The Joy Center in Ishpeming, MI w/Troy Graham
- June 15: The Thirsty Fish in Houghton, MI w/Sparrow Tree
- June 28: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Charlie Parr
- July 4: The Fitz in Eagle River, MI
- July 13: Lazy Days of Laurium in Laurium, MI
- July 19-20: Hiawatha Music Festival in Marquette, MI
- August 2: Keweenaw Coffee Works Grand Opening in Calumet, MI
- August 9-11: Farm Block Fest in Ahmeek, MI
- September 6: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/The MQT Generals
- September 21: Benefit at Quincy House in Hancock, MI
- October 12: Root Noes in Laurium, MI w/Austin Miller and Dan Lawrence
- October 19: EWB Benefit at The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI
- November 1: All Saints Day Party at The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/The Board
- November 6: The Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Breathe Owl Breathe
- November 9: Edmund Fitzgerald Commemoration at Shute's in Calumet, MI w/Dark Matter
- December 7: Hillside Place at MTU in Houghton, MI w/Dan Lawrence
- March 16: Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Go Long Mule
- April 2: Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Nathan K. and Bradley Hathaway
- April 13: KeweenawesomeFest in Houghton, MI (Stamp Sand Shores Release)
- June 9: Houghton Spring Arts and Music Fest in Houghton, MI
- June 9: The Fitz in Eagle River, MI w/Go Long Mule
- July 17: The Hilton Tavern in Newport News, VA
- August 1: The Hilton Tavern in Newport News, VA
- August 10: The Garage in Charlottesville, VA w/Andrew Leahey
- August 18: House Show in Taylor, MI w/Nathan K., Rival Summers
- September 6: Peter White Library in Marquette, MI w/Shadow Arcade
- September 7: Ramada Inn in Marquette, MI w/Sparrow Tree
- September 8: Falling Rock Cafe in Munising, MI w/Troy Graham
- October 4: Orpheum Theater in Hancock, MI w/Goldenboy
- October 13: Algomah Acres Harvest Fest in Greenland, MI w/Peg Carrothers
- October 27: Ore Dock Brewing Co. in Marquette, MI w/Nathan K.
- November 3: Trust Fall Records and Coffee in Grayling, MI
- November 5: Old Dog Tavern in Kalamazoo, MI
- November 5: Video Session with ditsessions.com
- November 7: Quincy's in South Bend, IN
- November 8: (scene) Metrospace in Lansing, MI w/Nathan Alan, Kyle Pentecost
- November 9: Starkweather Arts Center in Romeo, MI
- November 11: Bremen Cafe in Milwaukee, WI
- December 7: Cafe Rosetta in Calumet, MI